Friday, July 29, 2016

A letter to my daughter at camp

Hey sweetie!

So. You did it. You've had your very first camping experience ever and did it for a week without knowing a single other person there. You are brave and strong, caring and kind and I'm so proud to be your mom. I hope that you tried new things and struggled but persevered until you mastered them. I hope that you made strong friendships and stayed up late, telling silly stories and giggling. I hope that you offered encouragement and a friendly ear to those who might have been lonely or sad and that someone did the same for you. I hope you felt the tiredness that comes with a long, fun day. I hope you learned new songs and performed in skits, not worrying if someone 'messed up.' I hope you looked into the dancing flames of a campfire under a million stars and found peace in your soul. I hope you embrace the independence and strength you've discovered in yourself this week and let it propel you into the woman you will become. I hope you stretched your wings and soared to heights you didn't know you were capable of. But more than anything else, baby girl, to quote a song, "I hope you had the time of your life."

I'll see you in a few hours!

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do or do not. There is no try.