5:20 - drag my tired ass out of bed
5:26 - drag said tired ass onto elliptical machine
6:30 - stumble off of elliptical machine
6:31 - try not to fall on shaking legs going back up the stairs
6:31:30 - gasp 'Good Morning' to Dyl
6:32 - view set of stairs to bedroom with dread and possibly some tears
6:50 - receive surprise visit from Noah whilst clad only in underwear and bra. Good morning! I'm sorry honey, I'll start saving up for the therapy now.
7:00 - downstairs for breakfast with no stumbling. Hot water is a miracle worker y'all.
7:01 - smugly smug that there's an hour to get stuff done before kiddie prep gets into high gear
7:20 - realize that I haven't finished my breakfast yet. Crap. Damn you, iPhone!
7:20 - 8:10 the following happens in no particular order:
- Put away dishes from last night's dinner
- Prepare Noah's breakfast
- Unload dishwasher
- Reload dishwasher
- Prep my lunch
- Unload dryer (downstairs)
- Forget next load of laundry, run back up two flights of stairs to get it (sobs)
- Go back downstairs to laundry room (goddammit)
- Load washing machine
- Fold towels
- Prep dinner marinade
- Wash prep dishes
- Finally finish coffee
- Dig crock pot out of cabinet
- Write out dinner preparation instructions
- Find rest of dinner items
- Set out pans and items needed in proper places on stove
- Eye solidified bacon grease under the burner, decide I don't have time to give a fuck
- Back upstairs to brush teeth and apply make-up
- Prepare Noelle's breakfast
- Fill water bottles for kids
Now it's time for the kids to get dressed, brush their teeth, comb their hair, wash their faces and make their beds. Though I usually end up brushing their hair, washing their faces and making their beds. Ten minutes until we walk out the door so just enough time to throw the chicken in the crockpot, pour the sauce on it, make sure the crockpot is actually plugged in, turn it on, do a sweep of the house for anything needed for work or school, check that lights are off and thermostat is set and Noah, where are your mittens? No, Noelle, you can't wear shoes without socks today. What do you people do with your hats?!
Out the door at 8:50, I've already been up for three and a half hours, still have a full day of work ahead and there may not be enough coffee in the world today.
But at least I can sit down there.