Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Apropos of nothing

To paraphrase Goldie Hawn's character Elise from the movie The First Wives Club, I get my best ideas/thoughts/brainstorms while exercising.  Which in this case means taking a walk around the beautiful Hunt Valley industrial park in the broiling early-April sunshine.  Seriously, it is going up to 90 F today.  Welcome to the Mid-Atlantic's version of spring.  To be followed shortly by weeks of cool and rainy weather.  Damn your eyes, shifting weather patterns! 

*Shakes fist at heavens*

My point?  Right!  So I was walking today and the comparison of this year versus last year jumped into my head which I felt compelled to share.  Hey, it's better than ruminating on wormy suicides.  AMIRITE?

A year ago today:
I was pregnant.
I knew that I was having a boy.
I was scared to death.
Now I have a little boy whom I just adore. And I think that he likes me pretty well too.

A year ago today:
I had an office mate.
I had a confidant.
I had a friend.
Now I have a reason to go out and do things and a new group to do them with..

A year ago today I had three living grandparents.
Now I only have one.  But Grandma and Grandpa at at peace so I'm slowly becoming okay with it.

A year ago today:
Noelle was still in pull-ups.
Noelle was sleeping in a crib.
Now I have a daughter who is no longer a baby but well on her way to becoming a beautiful, sweet and wonderful little girl.

A year ago today we were a family of three.
Now we are a family of four.
And I can't imagine it any other way.

Not a bad year after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do or do not. There is no try.